Friday, September 4, 2009

Canning, Sewing & Playing with Babies

Between my friends Korie, Jamie and I and my right hand girl, Julia, we canned a total of 46 beautiful jars of pears. Korie's ward ordered cases of pears from Washington State for 44 cents a pound. We each ordered 2 cases...I think I said more than once, "Whose idea was this??" as we slaved away canning pears until after midnight Tuesday. (It was Korie's idea of course!)


Julia earned enough money to buy her very own sewing machine. Jennifer Haselton was nice enough to agree to become a Visions in Education Vendor (The charter school we use to home school) and tutor her in sewing...Julia has all kinds of projects she wants to do but the first one is to make some baby bibs for our new next-door neighbor who is due to have her baby in a few days.
My little Rachel was in heaven with her very own live baby-doll, Charlotte! (Jennifer's baby)
She was able to feed Charlotte some mashed up bananas...
Rachel was just so little girl happy and watching Rachel find such joy in all of Charlotte's babiness made me happy! My love of babies has definitely rubbed off on to my children...Even David will see a baby and say, "That baby so cute, huh Mommy!"
Julia always tells me that she wants to have 12 children...She is so smart, (she just got her STAR Test results back from 5th grade testing in May and she received advanced scores in all three areas she was tested in: Math, Language Arts, and Science. She is really excelling in her school work but I am even more proud of her good desires to want to learn all the skills she will need to take care of a large family.

No comments:

Post a Comment